The short version: Endurance coach, sports nutritionist, biomechanist, Swim/bike/run geek, closet artist, gluten free foodie & coffee addict. Other half to Andrew. Work & play blend into one. Lucky me!
The long version: My name is Noa Deutsch. I am a coach, exercise physiologist, biomechanist, and sports nutritionist. I live in beautiful Victoria, BC, which I absolutely love for its great endurance community, fantastic local coffee, local produce, the ocean and the endless running trails.
I have been a part of the triathlon, running and cycling worlds since 1993. Before that, I was a competitive swimmer. I raced as a junior & U23 elite triathlete before a diagnosis with severe over-training & chronic fatigue Syndrome cut my athletic career short. I have and will continue to dedicate my career to help athletes and make sure something like does not happen to another athlete.
I grew up in Israel, studied in New Zealand and now live in Canada, where I started PT Performance Training in July 2006. I help athletes of all ability levels, from recreational to Olympians, with coaching, bike fitting, testing, nutrition and a lot more. Fueling Endurance Performance is focused on sports nutrition, specializing in endurance sports.
I love cooking, baking and experimenting in the kitchen and I am pretty excited to be able to combine that hobby with my work! To make things better, I am able to use my (long lost?) creative side photographing the recipes I create. All recipes are gluten free (our kitchen is 100% gluten free), using organic and/or local ingredients whenever possible. I try to practice what I preach when it comes to nutrition and incorporate my creativity, passion, education and practical experience into my recipes, the solutions I provide athletes, etc.
- International Olympic Committee (2009) – Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Nutrition
- Canterbury University, Christchurch, NZ (2005) – Bachelor of Sport Coaching & Science, specializing in performance physiology & biomechanics.
- NCCP competition development courses complete
- NCCP triathlon introduction to competition trained coach
- Camosun College: Nutrition for sport & fitness lecturer
- 13+ years endurance coaching experience
- Triathlon Canada senior squad swimming coach
- Experience bike fitting & nutrition consulting to Olympians, national champions, professional athletes and recreational athletes
- Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) and BC (CABC)
- International Society of Sport Biomechanics (ISSB)
- Professional in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport (PINES)
- Serotta International Cycling Institute (SICI)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)