Well, here is the second recipe I made using that same basic pulled pork from the previous post. I have my favorite spice rub for pulled pork (which will be in the book!), but I am so glad I made a ‘plain’ batch so I can ‘dress it up’ in different ways.
I used my favorite grain free/gluten free pancake recipe and simply added the pulled pork on top, after crisping it with a bit of maple syrup and coconut oil. Yes, that simple!
I posted (almost) the same pancake recipe a bit over a year ago, but since I made a few small changes this time, it is posted again below.
Almond, Ginger & Banana Pancakes with Pulled Pork
Pancakes with Pulled Pork
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat and once melted, add pork and maple syrup
- Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally until it is crisp, but not dry. You can vary cooking time to suit personal preference and level or crispiness
- Mix flour, baking powder, flax and spices in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the yogurt, almond milk and almond extract
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined
- Fold in banana chunks
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and cook on each side
- Serve with maple pulled pork on top
Cooking time is slightly longer than normal pancakes. Also, although I find them comfortable to flip, use caution, at least for the first ones you make!
Fueling Endurance Performance by Noa Deutsch