I typically prefer chewing my food instead of drinking it, so I don’t actually make smoothies all that often. But for some reason, I really felt like having one a few days ago after my run. A few failed flavor combination attempts later (I was over complicating it, throwing too much stuff into the blender), I made this one.
It was simple, awesome and kind of tasted like it should have some alcohol and one of those tiny umbrellas in it… Not bad for a healthy post exercise smoothie, right?
Raspberry Mint Cocoa Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- small handful fresh mint leaves (5-6 leaves)
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp protein powder (depending on your protein needs)
- Dark chocolate chips to garnish (optional)
- Throw everything except the chocolate chips in the blender and blend
- Top with chocolate chips (optional) and enjoy
Fueling Endurance Performance by Noa Deutsch
What is your favorite smoothie flavor combination?